Wednesday, October 19, 2005

just ramblings

I have to keep telling myself to slow down, take it easy.  You will be able to get all the stuff done that you need to.  It is crazy, but the new job is keeping me busier than I thought it would.   Part of the problem is that I am not very organized and I can always find more to do.

I am still trying to learn all the clients and their accounts.  There is one person who bought the program two years ago, but now wants support and all the new upgrades, but doesn't want to pay for them.  She keeps calling me asking me questions, but my boss doesn't want me to help her until she pays for some support.

I woke up with a horrible headache this morning.  It hurt in the front of my head and the back and down the neck.  Earlier in the morning (about 3 a.m.), I put some ice on my head.  Later (about 6 a.m.), I took three Tylenol (I have recently found that I am allergic to ibuprofen) and washed out my nasal passages with salt water (sinus infection prophylaxis).  Then I tried putting a hot wet washcloth on my head.  Then I remembered that I had not had any Pepsi yesterday, and so I took a couple sips of Pepsi.  I think I was suffering from caffeine withdrawal.  It makes you wonder why we poison ourselves with something that makes that kind of pain (if that is what caused it).  

I kind of like this blogging thing for keeping in touch with everyone.  

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like you need to get off the caffeine. Slowly of course. I've been off caffiene for quite some time now and I just feel so much more even keel and don't get those big stupers where I feel like crap unless I get some caffeine. Now, ironically, I feel like crap if I do drink caffeine. It's these kind of "drugs" they just don't teach you about in school.

Have I told you about the Nettie Pot? It's a gravy boat looking thing that you put saltwater in and run it through one nostril and out the other.

Brett said...

caffeine definitely addicts with bad repurcussions... i've gone cold turkey a few times the last few years, but never for more than a couple of weeks. I'm not a hardcore "needer" of it anyways. I haven't had more than one soda a day since Saturday and I feel fine. At work I drink water. At PIzza Hut I drank 40-60 oz. a day. It affects your REM cycle and sleep patterns and gives you headaches if you don't get enough.