Thursday, October 06, 2005

cooking for the husband

Why don't I cook for my husband? This is why. I found a recipe that had all the ingredients in it that he likes. The one iffy one was cilantro. I left out the chili peppers and onions, but it had chicken, black beans, pinto beans, corn, and rice. It did have diced tomatoes. I should have used pureed. I had it hot and ready when he got home from work. He ate the chicken and picked at the rest. Sheesh. I still might try the recipe again, leaving out the cilantro and using pureed tomatoes. Oh, well, for a while he will have to fend for himself.

I did make the turkey pita sandwich that Mark told us about. He liked that. He liked it so much he asked me to get out of bed in the morning and make for him to take to work. Pushy, isn't he?

3 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Hey, you can cook for me anytime. I'll eat every last bit. No picking.

Kari said...

He didn't like cilantro?!! That's what brings the whole dish together! And you got to have chili peppers, and onions, but I know how he feels about onions. I don't think tomato puree would work, but that's a personal opinion. It sounds pretty darn tasty to me. I guess it's trial and error with him.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

I have a bunch of it left, does anyone want some? I could freeze it, but I am notorious for not eating what I have frozen, unless it is turkey patties or hamburger patties, which reminds me I have to make some today. I bought the ground turkey and hamburger and need to freeze it before it goes bad. The recipe for the chicken cilantro was on www.allrecipes.com if anyone wants it.