Monday, September 20, 2010

Florida with Dad

Monday 9/20/2010 - Looks like we will be able to get the trailer sold if we can't give it away to relatives. We really just need someone to take over the monthly expenses and use the trailer periodically during the year. The problem is this mobile home park is a 55 and older community. But I have all the information and contact numbers of people here at the park who can help me sell the place. I also have the application form that the new owner needs to fill out to get approved at the park.

My asthma or bronchitis is not much better. I am still weak, tired, coughing, wheezing and stuff. I want to get back home soon. It is a little difficult working from here and I am getting homesick. Once Dad sets his mind to something, he doesn't like to wait around to do it. So he is ready to pack up his belongings and head west as soon as we can. I am thinking we can get the get some things done in the morning and then start packing up the van. Maybe I can get two days off at work and head out for Enid on Wednesday.

I am going to put Dad up at the local bed and breakfast, Maple Place, until he can check out the independent living apartments that are available.

Then we can get into a routine where he comes over to my place most days to eat and visit while Dave is at work. As he gets to know people in Enid, he might find bridge games to play or other activities that he would like. I think that he will need to get a hover-round or something to help him get around. He has a lot of trouble walking, but otherwise is in pretty good health for an 87 year old.

No comments: