Thursday, September 16, 2010

changes are afoot

Thursday - 9/16/2010 - I talked to my dad today. He says his shortness of breath is getting so bad he is having trouble getting around his trailer. He is in Florida by himself. His choice. But he is finally telling me that he can no longer care for himself; he needs help.

I need to go to Florida and see what to do. Do I pack him up and drive him back to Enid and find a small place for him to live? Dave and I do not have enough room in our house for another person. Or is he doing so bad that I need to just stay with him down there in Florida for a while?

I don't want to leave Dave alone. I am so torn. When Dave gets home tonight we will have to talk.

Friday - 9/17/2010 - Dave took the news better than I thought he would. He understands that I have to take care of my dad. So I will fly to Florida tomorrow and see if I can convince him to move to Enid where I can help him more with things. I checked around and there are independent living apartments were he can live independently for a reasonable price.

Saturday - 9/18/2010 - I am here at Dad's. He is amenable to packing up and moving west. I am kind of excited in a way. I think he will like it there and I will feel better knowing he is close by.

Sunday - 9/19/2010 - Kari and her in-laws might take the mobile home off Dad's hands. That will be great for Dad. He won't have to worry about the place when he moves. We might be able to leave for Enid during the week this week if it works out.

No comments: