Saturday, September 04, 2010

4th day in the hospital

It is early morning at St. Mary's. I have been awake since 4.m. when the respiratory guy woke me up to give me a breathing treatment. It is 7:00 a.m. now. My breakfast order has been put in.

I have mixed feelings about wanting to go home. Don't get me wrong. I love my home and it will be great to get home, but I am still short of breath when I walk around and have this weird dry cough. I wonder what I will feel like when I go outside - will it be better or worse. I had the CT chest scan with contrast last night and I wonder what there results are. My O2 stats are still around 94-96%. So do I hope that they see something on the CT scan so that they can fix whatever it is, or do I hope there isn't any thing wrong other than asthma and hope they send me home today with instructions on how to better control my asthma symptoms. I am torn.

So later this morning the on-call physician for Family Physicians, Dr. Shelton, will bring me the news and make the decision. Of course, I will FB and the blog the results.

No comments: