Sunday, March 18, 2007

weekend

Well, I had a quiet weekend, the first one in a long time. Saturday I actually was able to read a book and take a nap. But then I paid for the nap with not being able to sleep. In fact, the insomnia is back. Not sure what I am doing different to make it come back, except that I am not taking Zyrtec right now. It is too expensive. I am taking over the counter claritin when I feel I need the allergy medicine.

Some of the other things that we did were: Work on setting up Dave's website for freelance writing, make homemade pizza (I am trying to find the best recipe), do laundry, exercise a little, and generally be lazy.

It was a good weekend. Dave's parents had gone to Florida for the week and they got back today (Sunday). They had a good trip. I am looking forward to Mindy's baby shower because I haven't seen her or Kari for a while. Little Charly is walking now and I haven't even seen her do that.

We are suppose to get an ice storm, but I bet it misses us. Probably will hit the Hartford/Holland, Kalamazoo, and Lansing areas though. Hope everyone is safe and sound.

2 comments:

Brett said...

what sort of homemade pizza? what are you doing for dough? home sauce or canned?

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Mostly right now I am experimenting with the dough. I am trying different recipes and different ways of cooking the pizza. So far it hasn't been too good. I made some dough on the weekend and half I put in the refrigerator. I am now cooking that pizza with the pizza cooker that I bought for Dave a few years ago. It heats on the top and bottom while the pan spins. The sauce I am using is a jar of pizza sauce. Once I have the perfect dough, I will start working on the perfect sauce. Any suggestions, tips or recipes are welcome.