Friday, March 09, 2007

3rd day at the Q - first game - Miami vs Toledo

12 minutes before the first game. Only two games today. The final game will be tomorrow. This first game will be noisy, but not as noisy as the rivalry between Akron and Kent which is the second game tonight.

Of note, while I like being on press row, the fans behind me are a constant irritant. Right now I have some little girls and some very vocal Miami fans. The little girls are making a lot of noise and one of the Miami fans (a woman) keeps trying to tell the refs to call the hand checks. Well, in my ignorance (or not), I think that is ridiculous. One, everyone does that. Is it really a rule? Two, does she think the refs are really going to listen to her? I think I will look up the rule, since if I try to ask Dave, he looks at me like I am crazy. (lol) Actually, I shouldn't be bothering him when he is watching the game, right?

Okay, not sure I can find the rule she is talking about, but it seems that both teams do that, so if the refs were to listen to her, then it would affect her team also.

Half-time: 23-33 Miami.

Found the rule. It has more to do with the impeding the progress of a player. I am assuming that the players can put their hands on the opponent to try to keep track of where that player is.

29-36 Miami - not very far in the second half... nothing exciting happening. One of the key players for Toledo may have reinjured his foot, but we shall see. He injured it in the last game and played the first half of this game, but in the first few minutes of the second half fell during fouling someone. He has three fouls now.

A ref just tripped over a camera man who is sitting on the floor at center court.

Toledo is catching back up - 41-43 Miami.

Not sure who I want to win this game, but am leaning for Toledo. They are almost a Michigan team and the Miami fans behind me are annoying.

As soon as I said that Miami pulled ahead, no 42-47 Miami.

Now 48-49 Miami. Toledo's defense is pretty tight.
Miami ahead 53-56, 3.5 seconds.
Miami wins 53-58.

No comments: