Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday afternoon

Just to be typing something......I need the practice. Maybe something will come to me as I am typing and letting my thoughts out. I am kind of impressed with how much Brett and Kari actually type in their blogs and the comments to other blogs. It is interesting because I think they are the two kids that I find hardest to get them to talk to me. Not because they don't want to, but because of circumstances and allowance of time. Mindy and I "chat" off by phone, but I love reading her blogs also.

Sunday afternoon. It is a beautiful day, sun intermittently (mostly) shining and very windy. The windows are slightly open so you can hear the wind in the trees and get some fresh air. Watching the Lions. They are up 16 to nothing. I am hopeful that Joey has gotten his groove and the team will actually win this game, but after yesterday's disappointing football game, I have my reservations. It is funny, the Eastern Eagles football team has mimiced the Lions for the last two years. Makes you wonder.

Yesterday also was a beautiful day, especially for football. The game was suppose to be at 1:00, but was rescheduled for 6:00. That was a little disappointing, but it allowed Dave and I straighten up the apartment and do a little shopping. I had to buy a new monitor because I was using Dave's old one and it was going bad. I wanted a flat screen, but they are still too expensive and I cannot convince myself that I really need it when a regular monitor works just as well.

Eastern was having a green and white basketball game and tailgate at the Convo Center. They had a really good chicken dinner for five dollars. The chicken was grilled, a full half of chicken, baked beans, delicious potato salad (and I am picky about my potato salad), and hard rolls with butter. A wetnap was also provided. They had three big screen TVs and a larger projection screen with football games on. Dave and I pigged out on the dinner and watched Western beat Central.

At the game, we were on the sidelines again. I love being on the sidelines. We are getting to know quite a few of the personalities on the sidelines. Most people still do not recognize me unless I am with Dave (he is quite recognizable), but there are a few camera men that know me. Two games ago I lent my extra gloves to one of them, as his fingers were red and raw from the cold wind. One of the bummer things about the game being later in the day is that my camera does not take action/zoom pictures in that kind of light. I need a bigger and better camera. I was astounded when I asked one of the camera men what his camera set up cost. $3,000 for the camera, $1600 for the lens. Guess I won't be getting one of those any time soon. :)

Well, Eastern was playing Ball State (Cardinals) and we were ahead 22/0 at the half. The defense was playing good and actually the offense was doing fairly good. Had to settle for quite a few field goals, but still, doing well. (Note that Detroit is playing the Arizona Cardinals, ahead 16/3 in the first half with 1 minute to go). When Eastern came back from the halftime, they fell apart. Especially in the 4th quarter. I don't know what the coach was trying to do, but it didn't work. We lost at the very end 25/26. We should have won that game. (Hopefully the Lions are more mature and will come out of the halftime still a winning team.)

Today has been nice so far......sleep late, take our time getting ready for the day, breakfast at our favorite place (Baker's Square) and now watching the game, Dave writing his reviews of the three MAC games yesterday. I am going to try to do my nails, freeze some turkey patties for Dave, and some mending of some clothes that need buttons, and other repairs.

I am still not feeling up to par with my cold/virus/whatever. Lots of rumbles in my chest and coughing. The coughing is controled with medication, so that helps. But there are times that I have bouts of coughing, especially first thing in the morning. I will get a chest x-ray next week if I am not any better. I have only been on the antibiotics for 2 1/2 days.


Football groupie - On October 1, while on the sidelines, I took this picture of Charlie Batch. (He is the one on the left. Al Fellhauer, McDonalds mogul and Dave's radio co-host on Wednesday nights is the one in the middle.)I was that close to him.....but was not introduced, darn. Now he is filling in for Ben Roethlisberger. Cool. Al knows everyone, every where we go. I don't know who the other gentleman is, but he obviously was a friend of Charlie's. I just don't know if he is a Pittsburgh Steelers teammate or not.

Well that is all for now. I think I did pretty good just typing my thoughts and it isn't too boring. Hope everyone who reads this is having a wonderful day also. The sun is still shining. It is balmy (and it is 14 minutes into the 3rd quarter and the Lions are ahead 26/11. Life is good.

Hurray! Lions won.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I think the reason why Brett and I can write a lot, is because we're not as good at small talk. At least, I know I'm not very good at it. I'm better when there is a topic to base a discussion on.
Although, you should see how much I write when I have a bottle of wine to go along with it. Pages and pages, and if it's still legible the next day... It's all good thoughts and revelations I never knew I had in me.
Strange huh, but those are actually good memories for me, staying up drinking wine and writing til 2 or so in the morning. Haven't done that in a while though of course.

Brett said...

Now THERE is a blog post ;) About nothing in particular but your day. Not that blogs should be about nothing, but sometimes the banal is nice when it is this interesting.