Monday, November 14, 2005

A raise

Shameless patting of the back:

Hip, hip, hooray! I got a dollar raise. This is really good for my self-esteem. My boss said that he has been getting some really good feedback from his client on my helpfulness to his business and theirs. So he decided to give me a dollar raise. Now I am making 2 dollars more than when I was working for the Kalamazoo company. Also, having been fired because "my telephone skills were not adequate", this just proves to me once again that the company that fired me was just using me. Not sure why, but as with all "bad things that happen", it has now turned into a good thing that I was fired. The radiology account that I transcribe is still a pain, but they also are very happy with the quality of my work. They do QA on 10 of my reports every other month and I have been getting 99% accuracy since I started working for them. I am sure they are unhappy with the amount of work that I have been doing, though. As it is hard to work all day and then work in the evening also. Oh well. Can't be perfect. (but I can certainly try).

PS: I bet Onstar employees feel like I do. I solve problems. If feels good.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Nice raise! and just in time for the holiday's too.

What's up with not posting any comments?

Unknown said...

Great News, Deb! Hard work sure pays off, especially when you enjoy what you are doing!! Congrats!

Brett said...

FINALLY some recognition, eh? I know you are always good at what you do, but I am your son and biased. A good worker, a great friend, an awesome mother... I probably don't tell you enough how much respect and love I have for you. I hope you know it anyway... men are always bad at making those kinds of things known.