Thursday, April 20, 2006

can you guess the title quote?

Kari's title quote is from Princess Bride. Can you guess what movie mine is from? Hint: It is one of my favorites.

Mindy, Kari, Joannie.....if you get a chance to rent or see on Lifetime TV watch Ambulance Girl - Kathy Bates is in it. Think of me when you watch it. Think I should do something like that?

Another thought: Immigration problem. Solution: Make Mexico another U.S. state.

I had another thought that I was going to blog about, but Wednesday I became very sick with the darn flu (Joannie did you give that to me on Sunday?). Much better now, but oh, my gosh, I lost 5 pounds. I could not eat or drink all day. Still feel a little weak and iffy about eating anything exciting.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Oh crap!!! I can't think of it, it's on the tip of my brain....

Oh, it's Lady Hawk, right?

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

You are correct!

Mindy Richmond said...

Wow, I cannot remember that line at all. But that is a great movie. Matthew Broderick is hilarious... good stuff.

I've actually seen Ambulance Girl and I think I did think of you when I watched it (it helps that you two look so much alike). That would be a hard job but probably very rewarding.

On immigration: I love your solution. A friend of mine is married to a man from Mexico. He has lived here since he was 16 (around 15 years?) but he is still an illegal immigrant. They have spent thousands of dollars trying to get him legal. It's a lot harder than most people think. Funny thing is he is allowed to get married, pay taxes, serve in the military, but he can't even get a Blockbuster card because he isn't a citizen. This country is in major need of reform. Ugh.

Brett said...

I actually own Ladyhawk, but didn't guess the line. Another memorable line from that movie:

"I know I promised, Lord, but I also know that you know what a weak-willed person I am."

Another thought: door, knob, and jamb all have extra unpronounced letters in them, but are all related. You could write dor nob or dor jam and still be understood.

Unknown said...

Geez, Deb, I hope I didn't give that bug to you!!! When I went back to work on that Monday, I found out a whole bunch of us had been sick over the weekend . . It sure was a nasty bug!! Hope you are feeling much better . . .