Friday, March 10, 2006

The roar of the crowd is deafening

Tonight I have my laptop here at the Quicken Loans Arena, home of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Watching the first game of the night, Akron vs Ohio (U). The arena is packed and this isn't the finals. The crowd noise is awesome. Dave and I are sitting in the second row of press row, right in front of some very boiterous fans. At each time out and halftime, Dave lets me update the website with the current score. Last night we didn't get back to the hotel until midnight or later.

We are staying at the Renaissance, and I might have written about this yesterday, but there is a walkway between the hotel, through Tower City (shopping and food) and then to the Q Arena. I estimate that it is at least a mile from our room to the arena, although since I have been so sedentary of late (work and poor weather), it feels like 3 miles at least. Of course, too, I want to be slightly stylish and am wearing my hush puppies, which are suppose to be comfortable, but after my feet have swollen to twice their size, they aren't.

No comments: