Saturday, March 11, 2006

Championship Game at the Q

Well, I will try to update this post as the game goes on. Dave and I are at press row, but this time we are in the front row at the end near one of the baskets. They are just now announcing the players. Cool lighting and effects. Crowd is really excited. ESPN2 is covering the game. Is anyone watching?

Toledo vs Kent State - I forgot to say.

I expected a bigger crowd, but Dave says it is because it is Toledo and Kent. If Akron was playing Kent, then there would have been more people. Well, what if by some weird chance it had been a Michigan school? Then there would probably be even less people. The championship will be at the Q for the next five years, so maybe a Michigan school will be in the finals one of those years, and I hope I am here to see it.

I haven't had to take pictures because a guy from Kalamazoo is taking them for our website. His camera is a little bigger than mine, but still not as big as everyone else's.

Something that amazes me, although it probably shouldn't, is how well run this whole thing is. Everyone seems to know exactly what to do and as far as Dave and I can tell, there have been no snafus.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Friday Mark looked around on the cable to see if he could find the game, but I guess we should have looked on Saturday. Of course we weren't home, but still...
I'm glad you guys had fun.