Sunday, March 19, 2006

House for rent

Well, Dave and I checked out a house for rent that is on Merriman not far from 7 Mile. It has three bedrooms, finished basement, two full baths, and two car garage. Nice yard. Rent is within our budget. We are filling out the application. I so want this house. It is so cool. The landlord seemed nice. He and his wife lived in the house for about 15 years and then they bought a larger house. Dave has to keep telling me not to get my hopes up, but I am already trying to figure out what furniture will go where. There is a deck and the yard is landscaped. All the appliances are there. I feel like it is just what we wanted. Dave doesn't want me to be disappointed if we don't get it, but I told him that it is too late...I will be disappointed no matter what. But I can handle the disappointment. I will just focus on the next thing if we are turned down. I like to dream and plan.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Good luck! I hope you do get the house. You two need more space.
I'm the same way, I can't help but get my hopes up with stuff like that.
When do you find out if you get it or not?

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Well, the landlord wants 1/2 months rent to hold the house until 7/1. So we are going to wait and see if he can get it rented before then. He also has another house that will be available in May. So I am going to call in two weeks and see what is going on. In the meantime, we will keep looking elsewhere also. But part of me feels that we are destined to live in that house. We will see.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Oh, and the house has been unrented since August, so we have a good chance of it not being rented. They are also being very selective in who they rent to.

Unknown said...

Let us know what's happening. . . Sounds like a really nice home . .

Mindy Richmond said...

All I wanna know is: What color is the front door? Does it half polka-dots? Cuz if it does I think you just get it. Polka-dots are always a sign from God. Unless they are a precursor to fainting, in that case they are a sign that you need to stop holding your breath.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Dark Green door. No polka-dots.

Mindy Richmond said...

Dark green is also good. You should get it.

Did I really ask "does it half polka-dots?"