Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday afternoon

Sometimes it is hard to find things to write about. I guess that is why I haven't written a book yet. Right now I have finished putting a splash guard on the bathtub, painted my nails (but I really need to have a manicure), fixed the zipper on a pair of shorts (getting ready for summer). I found a zipper repair kit at Joann's Fabrics. I fixed the zipper on a coat earlier. It is pretty cool.

Dave is driving me nuts with his diet. I am suppose to be losing weight also. He does so well at documenting everything he eats and then he does 30 minutes on the treadmill. I am just trying to eat small portions, no sugar, and no diet pop or regular pop. I do about 5-10 minutes on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill. The first day I had problems with some nerves that were being pressed in my back so that my butt, back of my leg and bottom of my foot were numb. Dave has lost 4 pounds and I have lost two.

Right now Dave is on the treadmill, listening to the Eastern Michigan basketball game. I just did a few floor exercises and will try to a little on the treadmill when he gets off.

I think we are going to go to a movie tonight, since we can't go out to eat (diet). But I will want popcorn and a drink. Maybe that will be my dinner.

I am looking forward to seeing all you "kids" next weekend.

3 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

You'll have to show me how to fix a zipper. I have this great pair of capris that Heather gave me and I was so bummed when the zipper broke! But thank goodness I don't throw anything away until I'm sure I can't fix it :)

Kari said...

Don't get discouraged. It takes a lot of work, and for the love of God, don't compare yourself to Dave. Men have always had the easier time losing weight. Sometimes it's just a bit sickening. So, comparing yourself to him will do you know good what-so-ever. Sometimes it's just better to not know certain things, like how much he has lost. Don't worry about finding your "niche", the one work out or diet that works for you. Just be constantly doing something that is good for you each day. This is the one reason gyms are good. If you don't feel like doing the treadmill you could go swimming, or do the precor, or just sit in the sauna and sweat it off :)
Oh, on Sunday I'll bring my cheat sheet for calories consumed in a day. It's a bit tedious, but I like to do it every now and then to remind myself of every thing I put in my mouth. When I had to write down everything I ate and watched the different variables go up and down, it puts food into a different perspective.
It seperates calories from fat, protein, carbs, fiber, alcohol, and something else. But, what you do is calculate what your total calorie intake is supposed to be and it tells you what percentage from each catergory you are supposed to get. I would find it a bit amusing, wathcing the fat from calories go up over the mark, just because I put too much butter on my toast. Or I snacked on one too many pepperoni's. Or seeing my carbs go too high, because I had too many iced teas. It's the little stuff that makes a big difference.
I really should have gotten into being a nutritionist. This stuff really intrigues me...

Brett said...

Yeah and you have to factor in how long you've been tracking etc. Weight loss should take time and you should expect fluctuations up and down within that longer period of time. And Kari's probably right, men probably do lose easier. I have a ten pound range I can move up or down in at will, within a week. I don't think it's supposed to be that easy, though.