Thursday, January 19, 2006

big brother watching

Dave and I often email each other during the day so that we can keep in touch. Important things like, where did Dave put the wet bathroom rug from the night before that caught the leak from the apartment above's shower, or when will he be home, or what does he need from the store. Today I emailed him to ask him why he forget the lunch that I had made for him the night before. He emailed me back to say that it was because he was a forgetful moron, damn, damn, damn. I emailed back to say that he shouldn't be so hard on himself. Well, after I sent that email I received an email from DTE energy security, saying that the email that I was attempting to send had violated their email policy, it would not be delivered and I should contact the recipient. The problem is that I wasn't sure it was the email that I had sent to Dave. Although, what else could it be? So I called Dave. Nope, he hadn't received my last email. So I sent the email again, but I put **** instead of HARD, so the message read: Don't be so **** on yourself. Yep, the email went through. I sent the email again: Don't be so hard on yourself. Nope, the email was rejected. DTE's email policy denies any email with the words "hard on" in them. Geesh.

2 comments:

Kari said...

huh.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

They email program for DTE was blocking any email that had "hard on" in it.