Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The rifleman

When there isn't anything good on TV in the evenings and Dave and I want to have something on while we are working on our computers, Dave finds the old classic TV shows. I love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, and finally The Rifleman. I am enjoying watching these shows, but especially The Rifleman. I especially like the relationship between Lucas McCain and his son Mark. Lucas listens to his son, but yet is a stern disciplinarian. They have their differences and disagreements and sometimes Mark disobeys Lucas, but then they have a good sit down talk and they actually communicate their feelings and thoughts to each other. The story lines are weak, but they are just the vehicles to get across the themes of duty, honor, love, truth and justice. And that Mark McCain is one cute kid. Why didn't I have a crush on him when I was younger. I don't remember having a crush on him. I should have. I was about his age when the shows were on.

3 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Weird, I had never heard of Lucas McCain before and that's the second reference to him I heard today. The other was Mike's dad saying we should have dressed Luke up as Lucas McCain for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

My dad and I watched "The Rifleman" all the time. Maybe Luke will call me "Paw". My dad and I also used to watch "Hunter", "Hardcastle and McCormick" and "Quantom Leap" all the time.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

I loved Quantum Leap. That was one of my all time favorite shows.

Yeah, Luke should call you Paw and call Mindy, Maw. :)