Sunday, October 28, 2007

Football, falling and other fun things

Yesterday Dave and I went to the Eastern Michigan vs Western Michigan football game at Eastern. It was raining, but we hoped that it would quit by game time. The photographer that originally wanted to take pictures and we were counting on had something come up and would not be there, so I was going to take some pictures.

While walking down the steps of the bleachers to the field, I must have twisted my ankle, and I fell down hard on the steps. My back end hit the corner of the aluminum seat, so I have a pretty deep bruise on my hip. It will be pretty colors in a few days. My pants got wet from the steps and my ankle was a little achy, but after sitting for a bit, I was able to get up and go down to the field. What amazes me is that no one saw me or if they did, they chose not to come to help me. Granted there wasn't anybody near by, but I would have thought someone would have seen me. Oh well. Good thing I wasn't hurt real bad. I would have called Dave down from the press box to help me, but they had the music playing very, very loud. I did call him once I got the field and was able to get away from the speakers.

Well, I stayed on the field for the first half. The rain did clear up and I got a few good shots. Today I am a little achy, but not too bad. The game was good. Eastern won.

More later....going to Lansing to see baby Luke.

No comments: