Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday - My dad celebrated his 85th birthday on Thursday. I called to say happy birthday. Turns out he isn't having a happy birthday. Yesterday half of his electricity in his mobile home went out. The lot owners are telling him that he has to pay to get it fixed. The line somewhere between the meter (four units down) and Dad's unit is bad. The lines are buried with the other lines, cable and such. He was initially quoted a price of $6,000. Oh, my. This doesn't sound right to me. How come if you rent a lot from a mobile home park you have to pay for the cost of a line that is buried on the mobile home park's premises? He is going to have a lawyer look over his lease and get other quotes. I am going to call him sometime this week and see how things are going.

Update: I started this on Sunday and didn't finish it. I still have to call my dad. Reminder to self, call your dad.

No comments: