Saturday, October 06, 2007

not sure what to say

I got to sleep in a little bit this morning. Dave had to get up early to work for a couple of hours, but I was able to sleep until almost 9 a.m. Then I made us some breakfast, took a shower, and then slowly got dressed. I was out the door a few minutes after Dave. Dave was off to watch the EMU vs UofM football at Al's house. I declined, as I wanted to take this opportunity to do whatever I wanted to do.

My first stop was Krogers. I had purchased some lightbulbs for the ceiling fans, only to find out they were not the correct size, so I thought I would return them. I also had cans to return and needed some cooking oil, q-tips, and anti-diarrheal medication. (what a combination) So that is what I did. I had to get tough with another shopper in the U-scan line. She was going to get the next open spot, even though I had already been standing in line before her. Granted, I was on the other side of the sign, but the sign was in the center of the area where people stand. I didn't feel too bad about gently reminding her that I was next, since she was the one that was causing problems at the service desk and I had to wait for her to do her business there for a good 10 minutes.

I then headed for JCPenney's to purchase needed underwear, socks, and a couple shirts for Dave and I. Penney's was having another sale (do they ever not have a sale?) and I was able to get some good prices on the needed items.

Next stop, the library. I had been without a book to read for a couple of weeks. I have been too busy with setting up the work, setting up the website to work with Joomla, and trying to find time to relax. I got three books. We shall see if I read them. I have already read all the books in the mystery series that I had been involved in and I didn't see any new books in any of the other series of books by other authors that I usually read, so I guess I have to try another author or two and see if I can get interested in their series of books.

After the library, I stopped to get some KFC, since I have been having a craving for that and Dave doesn't like it. I went home and watched a Lifetime Movie. Lifetime Movies are pretty silly and it is hard to watch them with other people around, especially Dave. He always points out how ridiculous they are. Of course, I do the same when he tries to watch bigtime wrestling or something like that.

All in all, it was a nice day. I got a little bit of cleaning done and hope to get more done tomorrow.

No comments: