Sunday, February 05, 2006

Being a left-handed wiper

Does anyone know how hard it is to be a left-handed wiper in the world of right-handed wipers? Extra weight adds to the difficulty. Yesterday I had to go to the restroom while we were shopping before the concert. The stall at the Mall was barely wide enough to allow me to turn around. I had a package to hang up and I had my leather coat on, which is kind of long and has to be held up while I sit. Also on my back is my purse (back-pack style). Now I should have taken my coat and purse off and hung them up, but I was in a hurry and there really wasn't enough room to manuever taking off the purse and coat. Well, I finished my business, which was more than I had expected to do, and suddenly realized that the stall had one of those large toilet paper rolls attached to the right side of the stall. The kind that takes up most of the area next to you as you are sitting on the throne. Well, I am a left-handed wiper that needs to lean to the right. Sometimes I need to lean to the right a lot. I tried, but I had my coat hiked up around my waist, the pants around my knees (trying not to get them dirty from the floor), my purse straps constricting my arm movements, and the toilet paper roll holder blocking my way so that I could not get a good lean. I won't tell you how I actually got everything handled, but I will say that I finally found a solution, and was able to leave the stall in one piece. But I was worn out and very testy for a little bit afterwards, feeling like I had just finished a round of boxing with a midget.

No comments: