Monday, December 19, 2005

Sparky, the lovebird


Our child, Sparky, is sick. He has a bladder infection. He is to get two drops of antiobiotics twice a day for 10 days. Luckily, the vet said that otherwise, he seemed to be pretty healthy. I had noticed that it looked like Sparky had blood in his urine and he was acting a little different, wanting to be in his cage even when we were watching TV. Just seemed a little lethargic. So I am glad I took him to the vet today......don't want the bladder infection to turn into kidney failure or anything like that.

The vet also said that there is a thing called allergy relief for birds that should help with my asthma. You wipe the bird down with it.

I cleaned the apartment pretty good and plan on not having Sparky out of his cage most of the day (instead of him sitting on my shoulder while I work). I have asked Dave to keep Sparky out of the bedroom if at all possible. I still have to find a cleaning lady to come to clean twice a month and possibly buy a humdifier for the bedroom.

3 comments:

Brett said...

I'm glad there's an option to fight bird allergens... hopefully Sparky remains a healthy companion for a long time to come.

Maybe he shouldn't be sitting on your shoulder, though...

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Yes, I am decreasing the amount of time that Sparky and I spend together.

Mindy Richmond said...

Pretty bird! Pretty bird!

:)