Thursday, December 01, 2005

busy week

We are having a busy week. I quit my part-time evening job so that I could get more rest. But the week has been full. Besides working my daytime job.....

Monday, I went to Smokehouse Blues with Dave for the EMU Coaches show on WAAM. One of the announcers was not feeling so well, so they asked Dave to stay for the last hour of the show to be the second announcer. Dave is getting some good experience.

Tuesday, we went to the EMU basketball game.

Wednesday was the MRO radio program and then I called my dad to see if I could help him with his computer. That is another story.

Tonight, we go to Ford Field for the MAC Championship game.

Friday, looks like we do not have anything to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You two really are busy folks!! How nice for you both . . Wonderful exposure for Dave in the Announcing Area!!! Have a great time tonight at Ford Field . . .

Kari said...

I just read your blog, now I'm really tired. I think I'll take a nap. Oh, crap I'm at work I can't do that.
You should do what I do. Plan nothing into your schedule.
"You just say, sorry I'm busy that day, i'm doing nothing..all day".
Than you use that day to do all that little crap you never get around to doing. Changing that lightbulb, organizing that pile of papers, mopping the floor, cleaning all the rotten stuff out of the fridge. And you do all this in between reading, sleeping, and watching TV. All in your pajamas too of course.
That way, you don't feel too unproductive and you don't have those little things nagging on the back of your brain. Stressin you out. But, you can not plan this day of getting little crap done. It has to be spontaneous otherwise you won't do it because you'll dread it the day before. So, just tell yourself the bar set is to do nothing. That's a pretty low bar.
Than when you start to get that little bit of antsy feeling, like your back hurts from laying down too much. Get up and do one small task, than lay back down or sit. Whatever.
Anyway, this seems to work for me. Don't know how I got on that rant. Well, it's over now. Have a lovely day. :)

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Kari, I used to do that....before Dave. I kind of miss it. It took me a long time to realize that I have a certain style to relaxing and getting things done. I do a little bit, then relax, then do a little more, then relax. I am glad you have found out your style so early in life. It will save you a lot of wear and tear.

Kari said...

Yes, but that's only one of my styles. That's just for the little stuff. For the bigger deep cleaning I have to get in the mode. Open up the house, turn on some good music. Appropriate clothing helps. and that way is hard to do when Mark's home, so I usually wait until he's at work or somthing.