Saturday, December 17, 2005

Okay, okay, I give up, I have asthma

Yep, asthma supposedly is what is causing my "illness". Crud. I am fighting the fact that I have asthma. I have to start making major changes in my living area to prevent me from not being able to control the asthma.

Here is the list:
  • Get rid of the lovebird (not going to happen)
  • Okay, then decrease amount of time spent with lovebird.
  • Clean apartment so that it is very clean (yeah, right) -
  • Someone other than me has to vacuum weekly (I have purchased face masks to wear so that I can vacuum and will look into hiring a cleaning lady)
  • No curtains (nope, don't have any)
  • No carpets (cannot remove carpets in apartment - have to move)
  • No feather pillows (we have two; mine has a plastic cover and a cotton zippered cover and Dave's has two cotton covers.)
  • Change sheets weekly (well, I will certainly try)
  • Take all medications - advair, singular, claritin, flonase, astelin, prednisone (for 10 days), sudafed

I am going to clean the bedroom today (real good and use my face mask). As Joanie, Kari and Mindy know, this will involve probably rearranging the bedroom, and as Joanie knows, that will "bother" Dave. But I know that the bedroom is very dusty and the only way to decrease that is to move furniture, therefore, I might as well rearrange. I will let you know how I do.

_______________________________

Well, the bedroom is clean and I didn't rearrange anything. It is so small that there isn't any real good way to position things.

Tommorrow I will try to tackle the office. I will see if I can get Dave to vacuum the front room and hallway.

I am learning the art of pacing myself.

Dave and I are going to pick a 3.95 movie to watch on cable. Cheaper than going out or renting one.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, at least you know what your illness is from . . . Good luck on your rearranging things, especially with Dave!! He'll come around, though, when he knows why . . . Yes, I think getting a cleaning person is a very good idea and the way to go . . . D0 take the suggested meds, Deb!! I know "Sparky" is part of the family, so that suggestion re "getting rid of him" will never happen!!