Thursday, October 12, 2006

my wish

Sometimes, just for a brief moment, I get scared that I will not be allowed to stay on earth long enough to see my kids have families and watch them grown and be able to interact with them. Probably that is my greatest fear, but I try not to think about it too much. My mom didn't really get to hang around long enough to do that, although, she didn't really seem that interested in being part of my life or even part of my kids' lives. My dad has been around for 84 years, which is a nice long time, but he doesn't seem to want to be involved in our lives either. He just wants people to call him and visit him, but doesn't call us first. He never asks how my kids are doing.

Me, I want to be around and involved. If I end up alone as I get older, I am moving to one of the cities where one of my children are living and they will have to invite me over their house for things. I will get a long distance phone plan where I can make long distance calls to all the other kids and grandkids. I want to go to school functions and recitals and sports events that they are involved in. My wheelchair/walker/oxygen tank will have to be allowed also.

1 comment:

Kari said...

You are going to be around for a while! Charly is going to be in so many sport events or plays and Mindy's tike is for sure going to be playing baseball...or softball.
Just keep the car up to date, and money in the bank for gas. :)