Saturday, July 08, 2006

homeowners, part 2

Dave and I got up and had breakfast, the first one together in our new house. Then we got around and went outside to take care of the yard. That was the one thing we really didn't want to have to do with owning a home. I pulled weeds and Dave dug up the weeds growing between the cracks in the driveway and sidewalk. There were a lot of weeds, they had gotten out of control. Hopefully we can stay on top of the upkeep for the summer. We have someone who cuts the lawn for us, but there are still the weeds in the flower beds and driveway. I can't believe all the work that Dave did today. He got a lot done while I went to the store later in the afternoon. Dad and Mom stopped by because they were in the area. Dave told them that he was cursing me with every weed he pulled because I was the one that wanted a house to live in instead of an apartment. But I think the exercise is good for both of us. I have lost about 5 pounds and Dave's weight has come down a little also.

3 comments:

Kari said...

He's cursing you about the weeds, but does he like his own office? Weeds really aren't too bad, you don't have to pull them as often as you think. Weed killer = vinegar and water in a squirt bottle.

Unknown said...

You have no idea how surprised Dad and I were to see Dave out there working on those weeds!!! It was so nice to see, something again, that I never thought that Dave would do!! But when it's your very own, you just do what has to be done!!

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Dave doesn't curse too loud, and I think he does like his own office. I am still trying to get mine just the way I want it.