Thursday, June 22, 2006

insomnia

Don't know why, but I have had insomnia for about 6 months now. I am so tired in the evening that I can hardly keep my eyes open when Dave and I are watching TV. I feel like I am ready for bed. I go to bed and sometimes even fall asleep, but 30 minutes later, I am wide awake. I hear Dave snoring softly and get more and more irritated that I cannot fall back to sleep, especially since he is sleeping so soundly. Then I worry that I will wake him up with my moving around to get comfortable. The more I try to lie still, the more the urge to move comes over me. So I go to the couch. There I can usually kick and squirm and thrash until I finally fall asleep. Then 2 hours later, I am awake again. This goes on all night. Starts all over the next evening.

3 comments:

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Boy the medicaton for the insomnia worked rather quicikly. I fieel like I am typing in fluffy cottony mounds of material tat keeps shifting and i s hard to keee p the latters togeterh. will try play some fee cellllll.

Kari said...

get more exercise is my suggestion....

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

More exercise seems to make it worse. Trying new medication.....first two nights, not working very well.