Saturday, July 29, 2006

home and bed





Pictures of our living room. Boring, I know, but we finally got our roman shade blinds. Then we had to get valances. Thanks to Anna's Linens, they didn't break our bank account too much. The paint job was done by our loving family. Throw pillows on sale at Anna's Linens also. The runner on the table will probably be changed as soon as I can make new ones. I think the house has a homey feeling to it. Warm and cozy. The wall decorations were gifts from Mom and Dad (Les and Joanie). I am not much of a decorator, but I do know that it feels comfortable, so I like it.

Also, my bed is starting to be my friend again. I had quite a spell where I could not sleep. I would start out in bed, then move to the couch, and then finally to the floor, then back to the couch or bed. But finally, I am getting better sleep. I still have to move to the couch for about an hour during the night, but hope that gets better soon too. I wonder if I am sleeping better because I bought a mystery to read and have been reading periodically. Maybe that calms me down or something. I just finished it, so I had better go get another. I will check out the local library, otherwise, I end up with too many books that I have bought and I don't really like to re-read books.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything is looking very, very nice and as you said, "very homey". Nice job. Glad you are sleeping somewhat better. Maybe reading is the antedote. . .

Kari said...

Reading is a good relaxation trick. I haven't read in a while. I only have two or three of those J.D. Robb books, than I must start on all the other authors.
Love the new decorations! They look really nice.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

I have more books for you next time I see you Kari. I have a small (short story) J.D. Robb. You can start reading some of Nora Roberts books also.