Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend - June 17-18

Mindy came over to help with a lot of work on the house on Saturday. She was awesome. She got into the lower kitchen cabinet cupboards and pulled up the old contact paper. We got all the contact paper off of those and the pantry and the linen closet and the refrigerator cleaned. Mindy, thanks again. Then we decided that we needed a little pampering, so we went to get our nails done. Mindy had a manicure and I had a pedicure.

After that, it was back to the apartment to eat pizza with Dave. Mindy helped me pick out colors for the walls with color samples that I had.

After Mindy left Dave and I went back to the house to attempt to put in the mini-blinds that we bought for the bedrooms. Dave did a good job of measuring, because the blinds fit the windows perfectly. We had a little trouble getting the first one in.....I had forgotten some of the steps and of course we didn't read the directions. We did five windows total. Some took only 10 minutes, but the last two seemed to take longer. We both were hot and tired, but totally proud of our "home project" completion as a team. I took the left side of the windows and Dave took the right. This is new territory for Dave and it has been a long while since I had a house of my own, so it will be interesting how well we do. But it will be fun learning.

Sunday, Dave's parents and his grandmother came over for Father's Day. I remembered seeing the "Take Home Chef" cooking pork chops and yams. I thought that would be good meal. It actually turned out well. I also bought a couple salads at the grocery store to supplement the chops and yams. I forgot to buy rolls, but no one seemed to miss them. I had the coffee pot already to brew some coffee, but I forgot to offer coffee to everyone after dinner. I enjoyed having everyone over and look forward to more entertaining at our new house.

No comments: