Saturday, February 28, 2009

oklahoma - saturday 2/28

Well, we are still in Oklahoma. I don't quite know how we are doing. Dave seems to be settling in to his job. He is getting to write articles. He has a regular column every Saturday and they can be read on the internet at http://enidnews.com/.

Since I work at home I not able to make friends as easily. So I feel a little isolated. I just need to find the right thing to do to get out and meet people. I have lots of ideas, but haven't settled on one yet.

It is also hard to be so far away from my family. Aydan turned 1 on Thursday and today Kari and Mark had a party for him. I hope they took lots of pictures.

Tonight I consoled myself by making a version of Chi-Chi's seafood chimichanga. It didn't have the distinctive taste, but it was good. Earlier in the week, I had made chicken chimichanga's and they were good also.

Now I am making french bread. I hope to make french toast for breakfast for Dave and I tomorrow. Then I think we are going to go hiking and then possibly eat at a restaurant we found out that way. Sundays are nice because I get to spend time with Dave.

No comments: