Wednesday, June 11, 2008

old memories

I had this for breakfast: Hard crunchy bread (brownberry will do), butter, jam, olives, cheese.

Every time I eat this type of meal, I am reminded of a trip to Israel. But the memories are very fragmented.

  • The hot sun - so bright it hurt your eyes
  • hail stones lying at the base of an orange tree with oranges already on the tree.
  • Old Jerusalum - crowded, dirty, smelly, clothing hanging for sale, dead animals hanging for sale.
  • Not wanting to pay to see the Dead Sea, but needing to use the restroom - a group of us girls led by Marian Selleck chose to go behind the building and relieve ourselves. She was such a rebel.
  • bumpy bus rides
  • The beautiful color of the mosques
  • The head-bobbing, sing-song people at the wailing wall.

That is about all I can really remember. I wish I had the pictures from that trip, but I think I gave them all to Jerry.

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

I remember Old Jerusalem from my trip as well. It was actually my favorite part, right up there with Masada. I don't know what happened to my pictures either.