Saturday, June 14, 2008

having fun at the CVS

So, since I work from home I don't get out much. Saturdays are my day to get out all by myself. Crazy, I know. I usually go to the grocery store, but sometimes I get a manicure and today I had my hair trimmed. But I also went CVS to get Father's Day cards and such. Well, the line was long and only one register open. When a second register opened, I noticed that the people getting in line were confused about where to go, so I decided to direct traffic. So with a smile on my face and lightness in my tone, I started telling people where the end of the line was, pointing out the next in line so that person could go to the second open register.

Then a gentleman in line behind me asked me if I knew if CVS gave rainchecks because he wanted to get one for the Arizona tea that was on sale, but they had run out of. I hollered out to one of the cashiers asking that very question. The answer was yes, so the gentleman stayed in line.

It is funny....the cashiers seem grumpy and hassled... but when I started my joking and stuff, they seemed to perk up and one of them even smiled. It was fun.

No comments: