Monday, April 21, 2008

lifestye change - day 6

I think I did really good today. This is what I had to eat so far. Breakfast: English muffin (butter and jam), lunch: piece of steak, supper: chicken fillets on the grill and rice/pasta dish with taco seasonings, a small cup of 100 calorie tapioca pudding. I haven't had my one pepsi yet today. I had a capuccino and then had 32 oz of water with lemon and sugar added.

Our walk lasted 35 minutes. I tried walking with my dansko work shoes to see if they worked better. My knee didn't hurt as much today, but my right hip did have the stabbing pain in it half way through the walk. I just took two acetametaphin, so I hope my leg pains will get better by bedtime. I do think the pain is a little better than last week.

Dave is doing great. He is counting calories, using a website called Calorie Count. He logs everything he eats and how much exercise he does. He wouldn't get on the scale until yesterday. So, so far he has lost one pound that he knows of. I lost 2 pounds since we started.

I think I will buy some more V8 next time we go to the store so that I can get more vegetables. I have to remember to take my vitamins also. I keep forgetting.

3 comments:

Kari said...

32 ounces!! I am so proud:P
Everything else sounds good too. Chicken on the grill is great because you can get a lot of flavor with a small amount of fat.
You should try angel food cake for a dessert...good for you and tasty. I need to get some more of that....hmmm.

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Yes, angel food cake is good too. We had some 100 calorie pack puddings, so I thought I would have that. Still might have some popcorn later. The problem with angel food cake is that I like to add stuff to it, like whipped cream or chocolate sauce. Not good.

Anonymous said...

Both of you are doing so well!!! Keep on this track and you will continue with success!! . .No doubt about it!! The end result will be so worth it!!!
Mom