Sunday, November 25, 2007

oh brother where art thou - a classic movie

Dave and I love this movie. We are getting so we know some of the lines. These are lines that can be used in your every day life.



"Believe me Delmar, woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. "


"It is a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

"A half a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down."


"I'll tell you what I am - I'm the damn paterfamilias! You can't marry him! "


"Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought."


"Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the goddamn field or... hell! Take at look at Delmar here as your paradigm of hope."


"Do not seek the treasure.


"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-sta-cles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation. "

But there is a part that we either fast forward through or switch to another channel for a bit so that we don't have to watch it. It is when the "cyclops" beats them up. It is particularly violent and makes me uncomfortable. I think it makes Dave uncomfortable also since he didn't seem to want to watch it either.

No comments: