Sunday, August 22, 2010

Be careful what you wish for.

I married Dave in 2004. Back then he didn't totally agree with my intuition, my idea that there are angels among us, and my other ideas about life and living. But I think he is slowly coming around.

During a time when his work wasn't going so well, I asked him what he wanted to do instead. He said that he wanted to be a writer. I said go for it. I also told him to put the idea of what type of writer in his mind and to just keep that idea there. Just know that his final goal would become reality, his wish would come true, even though he didn't know how. I said that with that in his mind doors and opportunities would start opening up. He just had to allow himself to believe.

Well, guess what. I think he might grudgingly agree that I was right. Six years later, after having the nerve to move to Enid, OK, he is on his way to realizing his dream. He is now the sports editor for the local paper. I am so proud of him. And I am glad that he allowed me to help him get to where he is at.

2 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

You are such a great wife! And I said it before, Dave looks so comfortable in his sports chair, much more so than at his old desk. Congratulations Dave ... on both your promotion and your wife!
Violet

Deborah Ruthenberg said...

Thanks so much for the compliments. Even though Dave is having to work a lot more right now, I still think he is very happy with the direction things are going. He sure has learned a lot from both of you.