Friday, August 06, 2010

Random acts of kindness

I love doing things with Dave and miss him when he has to work nights (which lately is most of the time), but being alone sometimes gives me a chance to perform random acts of kindness. Tonight I was able to give blood and then was going to attend the Movie at the Ballpark. I went up to the concession stand, but there was quite a line. There was only one lady working at the concession. Oh my. One lady jumped out of line and went in and helped. I wanted to help, but didn't know if it was allowed. Finally I got up enough nerve to ask and they said, "Get in here". So I did. I felt like I was in Hell's Kitchen or something. I didn't know where anything was or the prices of things. I finally caught on and the three of us felt into a routine. The lady that was there first, Judy, I think, was awesome. She was buzzing around everywhere, making popcorn, nachos, ice tea, pizza. Then a young girl came to help also. We hit our stride. I was passing out the popcorn and making nachos. The other two were at the windows. It was a fun 45 minutes. I love doing random acts of kindness.

1 comment:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

What a great time. I'm sorry you're having to spend so much time fending for yourself, but this too shall pass, and like you said in your post above it will pass with a dream come true and days off! LOL
I still want to do some stuff to introduce you to Jake. I am swamped now with trying to figure out a move with my mom. Yes, we're moving into Enid, hopefully within the next week or two. He loves playing Go Fish. Maybe we can come over for an evening of Go Fish. Whadya think? Violet