Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oklahoma move part 2

Well, we are here. I wanted to blog sooner than this, but it has been crazy. I have pictures to post and stories to tell. So much to say, so little time to get it all said.

A quick recap: We had everything packed by 10 a.m. on Friday. The guys who were going to load the truck for us came about 20 minutes later. Mike came about 10:10 or so. He was a wonderful help. Then Dad and Uncle Tom came so Dave could go with them to take their car to the airport parking. By the time the got back from the airport, the truck was loaded. Mike left for Lansing with the couch and loveseat and we all went to the UHaul place to get the autotransporter attached to the truck and the Hyundai on the autotransporter. Then Dad and Uncle Tom took off for Oklahoma. Dave and I went back to the house to finish closing it up and then we were on our way. We arrived in Oklahoma on Saturday evening. The moving men to unload the truck came Sunday morning. Dad and Les flew back to cold Detroit Sunday evening. We unpacked most of Monday. Tuesday we went to work, me to my take-a-long job and Dave to his new job.

I will be filling in the blanks in future posts. The stopover at Kari and Mark's, the fall I took on my front porch, the misadventures of Les and Tom and all the aches and pains that have accompanied the move.

No comments: