Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Oh, boy....the last holidays of the year.

The year has been eventful. Dave and I moved to a house. Yes, we are now homeowners.

My youngest daughter gave birth to a lovely baby girl in May and my other daughter is pregnant and due in May next year.

Brett started a new job and I am excited for him, as I think there will be more room for advancement at this job, besides all the opportunities to increase his knowledge.

This will be the first year that all my children are in my home at the same time since......since, hmm, it has been a while. I think that all three were at my apartment when my dad and his girlfriend, Inky, came up from Florida to visit. Not sure what year that was. I enjoy my sons-in-law and look forward to continuing the tradition of having everyone over for Xmas each year. As time goes on, the group will become larger and that will be exciting.

Dave's parents will also be there. They had a little taste of how my family interacts with each other in August, so hopefully they will not be too overwhelmed.

The menu is a little crazy, macaroni and cheese, italian meatballs and sauce, ham and mustard sauce, vegetable, salad, and desserts. I will be using the best dinner ware that the dollar store had to offer. (time washing dishes will be reduced - always a plus).

The whole affair is meant to be relaxing and fun, not a showcase for fancy things.

Well, have to go clean the toilet and vacuum the floor. (don't want the baby crawling all over a dirty floor) Then later I will be starting the appetizers and get the mac and cheese ready to put in the oven tomorrow.

No comments: