Sunday, July 20, 2008

weekend update

Well, since I enjoyed reading Kari's account of her weekend, I thought I would write about my weekend.

Saturday we got quite a bit done. First we took the Focus into Midas to get the brakes looked at. Then we went to Bob Evans to eat breakfast, our weekly ritual to get out of the house. Then we came home to wait to hear the bad news about the car. While at home I worked on the computer a bit. Found that we might be able to "sell" the ebook on Amazon published as a Kinele book, but I will have to reformat it.

The car needed new shoes, rotors, and two link pins. Oh my. Oh well. Had to be done. So we authorized the work to be done. They said probably it would be ready around 1 p.m. Dave and I decided we needed to get out and move around a bit, but since the car with the Metropark sticker was getting fix. So we went to Farmington to their Founders Day celebration. Did a lot of walking and looking. Saw a man dressed all in gold, acting like a statue, tipped his hat when we walked by. Wow - he was good. I thought he was a statue.

Then we came back to get the car.

I then made pork chops with gravy, low calorie. Very good. I recommend them. I am having fun making all these new low calorie recipes. It gives me ideas for more or at least how to modify them so that we like them even better.

Sunday morning comes.....we hang out for a bit. I decide to start the laundry I needed to do. Then I wanted to shorten the curtains in our bedroom. That didn't take too long. By the time I was done, Dave was ready to get out and do more sight seeing. We went to Royal Oak's largest garage sale. It was a garage sale that was in a parking garage. It was huge. Nothing there caught our eye. Lots of junk.

Last stop was Como's for pizza. Then home to vegetate in front of the TV and computers. I did little things like changing the bed sheets and wash towels.

No comments: