Thursday, August 02, 2007

Frank Marino

The last act at the Blues Festival in Pittsburgh was Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. There were a lot of "groupies" in the audience, but by the time Frank played, a lot of them were so drunk they probably don't remember any of the concert. Frank is know for his hard, loud rock 'n roll blues. He also doesn't like to take breaks or stop playing. He is known for three hour long concerts. He had to cut his usual concert short for the festival format, but it still was not disappointing.

Well, that wasn't enough of Frank for Dave, so this last weekend we attended his concert in Detroit at St. Andrew's Hall. This was the real thing. Three hours and five minutes. No breaks. No chairs to sit in. No air conditioning, just fans. Oh my. Dave and I came prepared with ear plugs, comfortable shoes, and well-hydrated. Still, I had to sit down by the wall after 2-1/2 hours. Dave hardly noticed that I was gone. I think he loved it.

No comments: