Friday, May 04, 2007

Good quiche

I have been reading a series of mysteries by Diane Mott Davidson, where the main character is a caterer and she has added delicious recipes in the books. I get very hungry when I read the books.

I tried this recipe and it was awesome. When I made it the recipe that I had wasn't correct. It didn't have the cream cheese in it, but still it was very good. It took me awhile to find the Jarlsberg cheese, but found that it was a hard swiss cheese that grated easily. If you like quiche, give it a try and let me know how you like it.

Crustless Jarlsberg Quiche
1/2 cup butter, sweet
1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup cottage cheese, small curd
1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
9 eggs
11 oz cream cheese; softened
3/4 lb jarlsberg; grated
1/3 cup parmesan; grated

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the flour, and stir just until mixture bubbles. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Stir this cream sauce until it thickens. Set aside to cool. Stir baking powder, mustard and salt into cottage cheese. Beat eggs well, then beat in softened cream cheese and cottage cheese mixture. Slowly beat in cream sauce, then thoroughly incorporate Jarlsberg and Parmesan. Pour into two buttered 10" pie plates. Bake for about 45 minutes or until puffed and browned. Cut each quiche into eight large wedges. ---*Dying for Chocolate* Diane Mott Davidson

No comments: