Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More Parrot Mountain


Simon, the cockatoo, hopped on my shoulder. I was given a long lecture by the caretaker to make sure that I didn't attempt to put Simon back on his perch myself, as he would bite me. The caretaker should be the only one to do it, so that he would take the risk of biting.

I assured him that I would follow his directions.


Then the caretaker disappeared. So I sat down with Simon to discuss his bad habit of biting people. He told me that he just wanted people to pay attention to him and he really liked sitting on my chest. He did his trick of ruffling his head feathers when I passed my hand in front of him. He enjoyed the scritches I gave his neck and chest.

Still the caretaker was no where to be seen. So I walked over this his perch. Put my hand under his feet, saying "step up" and once he was on my hand, I put him near his perch. No problem. He went to his perch. Still no caretaker. What the heck was that all about?



Dave likes the hawk-headed parrot. Awesome bird.






No comments: