Sunday, April 15, 2007

How do you like your grits?

"How do you cook your grits? You like 'em regular, creamy, or al dente?"

Dave and I like to go to breakfast on the weekends. We found a place, Nora's Kitchen, that has a pretty good breakfast. They offer grits instead of hash browns. Now since I am not crazy about hash browns, unless they are well done, and even then I usually don't eat them all, I order the grits. I noticed that I have a routine of eating the grits, which is also the routine that I follow for oatmeal and cream of wheat. First I put a pat of butter on top of the grits and let it melt down. I stir it in just a little bit, probably only down the first quarter inch. Then I sprinkle sugar over the top. Then carefully, I spoon up the first layer of grit, butter, sugar mixture carefully a little bit at time, enjoying the butter/sugar/gritty taste. Then when that layer is all gone, I start over on the next layer.

No comments: