Saturday, January 09, 2010

the flowers

Such a simple thing - log onto the hospital website - navigate to the gift shop area and choose a floral arrangement to send to my grown daughter who just had emergency surgery in Michigan while I am sitting here helpless in Oklahoma. Easy enough to pay for the flowers and I feel confident that she will get them. I don't know what else to do, except maybe call her as often as I can without bugging her, monitor facebook to see if she says anything on there, and be supportive when I do talk to her. Oh and send a prayer. I am so thankful that she has other supportive people around her and a loving, caring husband who is there by her side. I almost forget about sending the flowers until she tells me the next time I talk to her that having the flowers there helped her remember that I love her and that I am there in spirit with her. Who knew that just a simple thing would help her not miss me so much. I certainly didn't.

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

I can't thank you enough for sending the flowers. They gave me so much comfort and were a perfect reminder that you were there with me in spirit. I love you, Mom.