Thursday, October 23, 2008

miss fixit

Dave hates it when I do this, but I still keep doing it and I think secretly he likes it.

This is what happened: Dave wanted to get a bound double-sided copy of the MAC Football Preview to take with him on his job interview. So we went to Office Depot to get the file printed on nice paper and bound with spiral coils. The Office Depot worker was having problems getting the printer to duplex the test pages. It kept jamming up in the printer. I first suggested that maybe since the first page was one large graphic that we needed to try printing the second and third pages on front and back. The paper still jammed. So I suggested that there might be a small piece of paper in the roller. Dave was cringing. He hates when I butt in. But the worker was a smart young man and listened to me and found the offending small piece of paper in the rollers of the printer and the next try worked perfectly. We now have a nice 37 page bound copy of the football preview that he is so proud of.

Yep, my 56 years on this earth, 20 some of it working in an office with many printers, copiers, and computers, has given me wisdom that I love to share with others.

Oh, what else was funny was that Dave made a reference to something that Bender says in Futurama, "It is all everyone else's fault" The Office Depot young man, looked up at him and said, "What? Bender from Futurama?" He seemed impressed that Dave would be quoting from Futurama. Score one for Dave.

No comments: