Monday, November 20, 2006

weekend projects

Well, I got quite a few projects down this weekend. We didn't have any football games to attend. Just watched them on the telly.

I regrouted bathtub. I think there is a small leak somewhere need the seam of the bathtub and the shower door framework. I need to figure that out. We also need to get the hot water faucet washer fixed. Not sure how to do that easily. Maybe we need to get all new fixtures for the bathtub. I think we have to go through the access panel that is in Dave's office to get to the other side of the tub. Sounds like fun. (not).

I also shortened the curtain that was in the bathtub window. It hung down and sort of got in the way when taking a shower. Plus it was getting discolored on the bottom from the little bit of rust in the water. This will last until I get a new one.

Lastly, we had bought some throw pillows for the living room. We picked up four of them on sale. Well, they are falling apart. So I got the bright idea that I would just recover them or make new covers for them. I am still trying to figure out how to put the old braid on the new pillows. I have one done and three covers sewn together. I just need to turn them, stuff them, and put the braid on.

I looked through the sewing projects that my mother had started. There are a lot of them. Purses, vests, appliques, a wall hanging. I need to see if there are any projects that I can finish. I hope so.

No comments: